A. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: 1. Name of the style of karate and its meaning.2. Name of the founder and brief history.3. Basic karate etiquette. Knowledge of 'warming -up ' and 'cooling-off ' exercises.4. Purpose of 'warming up ' and 'cooling off ' exercises.5. Elementary karate terminology.6. Basic dojo hygiene.7. Understanding of karate spirit.8. Wearing and folding of karate-gi.9. Forms of sitting (kumi-kata).10. Standing and kneeling salutations (ritsuri & zarei).
B. STANCE/DACHI: 1. Hei-soku-dachi2. Musubi-dachi3. Hachi-ji-dachi4. Zenkut-su-dachi5. Hei--ko-dachi6. Ko-kutsu-dachi
walking (forward only) in zenkut-su-dachi and in ko-kutsu-dachi and turning around in these stances.
C. BLOWS/TSUKI: , in z1. Formation of the first.2. Choku-tsuki (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi).3. Oi-tsuki (walking, forward only, in zen-kutsu-dachi).4. Gyaku-tsuki (standingen-kutsu-dachi).
1. Jodan-age-uke (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi, and moving forward, in zen-kutsu-dachi).2. Chuidan-soto-uke (same as above)3. Gedan-barai (same as above)4. Shuto-uke (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi, and moving forward, only, in kokut-su-dachi).
1. Go-hon-kumite (jodan-tsuki and chudan-tsuki, only).G. FORM/KATA: 1. Hainen Sho-dan.
2/ORANGBELT SHOTOKAN KARATE
A. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
1. Reasonable knowledge and ability in all lower rank requirements2. Further knowledge about the origin and development of karate.3. Knowledge about the classification of techniques.
1. Kiba-dachi.2. Walking side-away in kiba-dachi.3. Walking forward as well as backwards in zen-kutsu-dachi.
C. BLOWS/TSUKI: 1. Oi-tsuki (moving backwards, in zen-kutsu-dach).
1. Formation of kaisho.2. Shoto-uchi (inside-to-out-and outside-to-in, standing in hachi-ji-dachi).3. Uraken (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi).
1. Jodan-age-uke2. Chudan-soto-uke moving forward as well as backwards, in zen-kutsu-dachi.3. Gedan-brai
1. Mawashi-geri (standing, and moving forward, in zen-kutsu-dachi).2. Mae-geri (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi).
3. Yoko-ke-age (standing, in hei-so-ku-dachi, with both legs).4. Yoko-ke-age (moving-away, in kiba-dachi).
G. COMBINATIONS /REN-RAKU-WAZA:
1. Jodan-age-uke/gyaku-tsuki (moving forward, only in zen-kutsu-dachi).2. Mae-geri/oi-tsuki (moving forward, only in zen-kutsu-dachi).3. Mae-geri-chudan/mae-geri-jodan (moving forward in zen-kutsu- dachi).
Go-hon-kumite (jodan-tsuki, chudan-tsuki, and mae-geri).
I. FORMS/KATA:1. Haien-Sho-Dan.2. Knowledge of Haien-ni-dan
J. MISCELLANEOUS:Knowledge of the use of punching bag for mawashi-geri and makiwara for gyaku-tsuki,
3/GREEN BELT SHOTOKAN KARATE
1. Neko-ashi-dachi.2. Sanchan-dachi.3. Walking backwards in kokutsu-dachi.4. Walking forward in sanchin-dachi.
1. Gyaku-tsuki (moving forward, in zen-kusu-dachi).
1. Kentsui-uchi (standing, in hachi-ji-dachi).2. Uraken-uchi (moving forward, in zen-kutsu-dachi).
1. Shuto-uke (moving backwards, in kokutsu-bachi).2. Uchi-uke (moving forvward in zen-kutsu-bachi).
1. Yoko-ke-komi (moving side ways, in kiba-dachi).2. Mae-ashi geri (mae-geri, standing in zen-kutsu-dachi).
1. Ippon-kumite : (jodan, chudan, mae-geri, mawashi-geri, ke-komi, ushiro-geri. Leftand right side).2. Ju-kunite : (two) with equal belt holders.
1. Haien San-dan.2. Knowledge of Haien Yon-dan.
1. One board with Shuto-uchi.2. One board with Mae-geri.
A. BLOWS/TSUKI : Ura-tsuki.
B. BLOCKS/UKE: Using different blocks as attacks.
1. Miza-zuki-geri.2. Gyaku-miza-tsuki-geri.
1. Uchi-uke/jodan-tsuki (standard form, moving back).2. Uchi-uke/jodan-tsuki/chudan-gyaku-tsuki (standard form, forward).3. Shuto-uke/empi (standard form, moving forward).4. Ke-komi/ke-komi (standard form, moving forward).5. Mae-geri/ushiro-geri (same foot, standing in zen-kutsu-dachi, left and right two times with each legs).
One board with shuto-uchi, one board with mae-geri, one board with gyaku-tsuki.
F. THROWING TECHNIQUES/NAGE-WAZA:
Knowledge of the use of throwing techniques.
G. SWEEPING TECHNIQUES/ASHI-BARAI: Knowledge of the use of sweeping techniques, lying down.
1. Ju-ippon-kumite, (jodan, chudan, mae-geri, mawashi-geri).2. Ju-kumite : (two) with equal belt holders.
Haien yon-dan. .
5/ BROWN BELT SHOTOKAN KARATE
A. BLOWS/TSUKI: Hasami-tsuki. B. KICKS/GERI:Mae-tobi-geri.